Australian Film and TV

 Recently I viewed a quick video in which Joe Rogan is praising Australian Actor Eric Bana in a role in which they had trouble remembering the name of. The film was Chopper. About the notorious Australian underworld figure and cultural figure.

This got me thinking about how much I love the original 3 seasons of the Television series 'Underbelly' all based on actual true crimes events that took place in Australia over decades. The entire Underbelly catalog is quite interesting, entertaining as well as educational - I just particularly like "the originals".

The soundtracks are also on-point. Well worth a listen and paired with the content wonderfully.

That said I have never been able to complete watching The Sopranos, no matter how often one hears about how great it is. Joe Rogan might be interested in checking out Underbelly and learning more about gangland wars down-under. 

The Postcard Bandit is a Television Movie I saw back in the early 00's and then never saw advertised, broadcast or for sale until more recent years when some king (or queen) uploaded a copy. I wished for all those years that I had of video recorded it back when I had the opportunity to do so.

I dunno, Aussie crime just seems to hit different and so does our arts.

Comments